Are you looking for a new role that is both challenging and rewarding? We are looking for a passionate, energetic, and driven individual to join our team as Project Manager (Maternity cover contract) until March 2022.
Application closing date
Midnight on 1 Feb 2021
Week commencing 15 February 2021
No later than 15th March 2021 working until March 2022
As Project Manager at our food bank, you will:
- Work 18 hours per week across Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Flexibility is required as some evening and weekend work may be involved.
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of foodbank services, activities and events which alleviate food
poverty and address social isolation.
- Manage project planning, volunteer coordination, partnership development and fundraising.
- Work closely with the board of Trustees, a part time Warehouse Coordinator, a part time warehouse assistant and a team of
Read the full job description, salary and required skills: Project Manager job description for Bridging the Gap
Required qualities and skills
- Values: Belief and commitment in the values and aims of Bridging the Gap (Manchester). Treating everyone with equal respect and dignity, working safely and following best practice guidelines when dealing with vulnerable children and adults
- Mentality: Possess initiative, with a start-up mentality, and have a passion for making a positive impact in the alleviation of poverty and social isolation. Ability to plan, organise and work under own initiative and to meet agreed deadlines by multitasking, prioritising and managing own workload
- Knowledge: Of the charity and statutory sectors, and in particular of the issues addressed by emergency food provision services.
- Creativity and flexibility: Be able to learn quickly, problem solve and adapt as Bridging the Gap (Manchester) goes through various stages of growth and development.
- Experience: Ability to manage and monitor a project. Ability to organise others and systems to ensure timely production of reports and delivery of services. Experience of managing/coordinating people.
- Skills: Be able to build successful relationships through written, oral, and interpersonal methods. Ability to carry out administrative tasks, such as managing budgets, monitoring and evaluation of activities, and database management.
Applying for the role
To apply, submit your CV and covering letter by email to [email protected]
Your covering letter should highlight your relevant strengths, skills, experience and motivation for the job.
Application closes at midnight 1 Feb.
Interviews to take place on W/C 15 February 2021.